Pre Rinse Kitchen Faucet | More Decisions
Update 11/11/17: We purchased our faucet! Thank you guys for all of the voting you did over on Instagram!! BUT, we technically wound up purchasing a different faucet than the options I gave below! We wound up purchasing #1 but in a slightly different color scheme. Check it out here on amazon (I’ll update with a picture once we have it installed!)
Hey there guys!!! First I wanted to thank you so much for helping us make a decision on what fan to get for our living room. I am not kidding when I say that your input here on the blog and on social media really helped sway Mr. Stone Head into agreeing to purchase my #1 choice! And now he loves it so much that we thought we’d get your opinion on faucets!! Apparently, he trusts you guys more than me… and this morning proves it.
He asked “did you order a faucet yet?”
I said “No I want to hear what my blog readers and social media peeps have to say!!”
And I thought he was going to get upset that I’m holding off… but he said “well let me know what they say.”
I could fall over dead… He may not be on social media or even want to be “online,” but he sees the value in readers and followers like you. And of course I do too!!! I love you guys so much and couldn’t ask for a better community of people! So again, thank you, thank you, thank you, for your input on the fan and please give us feedback on what pre rinse kitchen faucet to buy!
We’ve already narrowed it down to the following requirements:
- Since this house will eventually be a rental property, I want to buy something that’s not crazy expensive but something that we’ll enjoy (and like looking at) for a few years until the time comes to rent the house out! I think if I saw a pre rinse kitchen faucet in an apartment I’d be incredibly happy to rent it!
- We’ve decided to go with stainless steel to match our cabinet handles. Simple as that.
Pre rinse style
- I have lived with all kinds of different faucets and have found that pre-rinse style works best for me. I usually wind up burning something onto a pan and need to move the faucet all around to get in the nooks and crannies of the dish to get it clean. Pull down faucets are a close second for me.
Compatible with 1-3/4″ deck (countertop)
- When we did our concrete countertops in our rental above the garage, we ran into an issue with the faucet not being compatible with a 2″ countertop. It wasn’t a big deal, I just ordered one that specifically stated it was for a 2″ deck, but it’s something to double check on the specifications section of the faucet!
Soap dispenser included*
- We both love the look of a soap dispenser built into the counter as opposed to having a soap dispenser floating around on the counter. I think it gives a clean, simple look to the sink area. The only downside to the soap dispensers is FILLING THEM (and somehow I’m the one that gets stuck doing it hmmm.)
- *While doing research on faucets I found that you can purchase the soap dispensers separately, like this one, on the cheap so while most of the ones below have soap dispensers included, I’ll note the ones that don’t.
So without further ado (and more rambling) here are the choices I’ve narrowed down our sink faucets to. Some links are affiliate links while others are not. And as you probably know by now, I’m required to disclose that when you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase within 24 hours, I make a small commission with no increase in cost to you. Whew. Are you tired of hearing me say that yet?
This pre rinse kitchen faucet would look fabulous in our fixer upper! We plan on getting a black composite sink and I think the black accent in this faucet would kind of set everything off. What do you think? I’m a little weary on buying a brand I haven’t heard much about. Has anyone else had any luck buying this brand?
I actually found this next faucet at Home Depot but it’s the same price on Amazon and the closest Home Depot isn’t so close so I might just have to order it when I order some other things, if this is the one we get. What you can’t tell in the picture is that there’s this decorative screw on the faucet handle (and it’s something that Mr. Stone Head has come to be obsessed with) and it gives it kind off this vintage-y feel that I like. But it’s such a minute detail but it’s something to note.
I really like the look of this faucet and I’ve bought Kraus faucets before and haven’t ever had a problem! And the plumber hasn’t complained when hooking them up – so that right there should tell you something. This one has a sleek and slender vibe to it which I’m totally digging.
This pre rinse kitchen faucet kind of reminds me of a mix between #1 and #3. Like the first faucet, this one has the black hose which would match the black sink I ordered from Amazon. The sprayer is a little more modern than some of the others and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about that. Lastly it DOES NOT come with a soap dispenser… I know I know, that was a requirement. However, I can buy this soap dispenser from amazon separately for under $14 so this faucet is still well within our budget.
Oh hey there sleek little faucet! This one I feel has some sex appeal to it, don’t you agree? No? Hmmm.. okay moving on.
So that’s really all the choices, so I guess I’m moving on to my closing remarks. Which are…
Let us know what you think about which pre rinse kitchen faucet we should buy! I’m begging you actually… it’s so much easier to come to an agreement on something when you’ve “polled the audience.” Plus, it’s one of the next things on the “to-purchase” list, among a few carpets, lighting and appliances! So we need to buy a faucet ASAP!
And don’t forget to subscribe (I promise I won’t spam you!) to this blog! I have some really cool stuff in the works you won’t want to miss out on! I also love connecting with other bloggers, so if you have a site, leave it below!!
And connect with me on Instagram and Facebook! On Instagram you can follow my stories to see what’s going on at our fixer upper (live!!!) and Facebook is where most of the pictures of all the homes we’ve renovated live (so I don’t bog down this server!)
WAIT! Last thing I promise!
Did you know I’m a “Vlogger” now? For those that don’t know, I started a video series about the countdown to our move in day to our fixer upper. You can catch all the videos immediately on Youtube or wait a few days to see them on Facebook! I also have lots of video tutorials in the works so maybe you should hit the subscribe button on Youtube too!!