My passion in life is DIY home improvement…
We’re currently working on a long term investment property which has a 3 bedroom/1 bathroom house (soon to be a 4 bedroom/2 bathroom house) and a 1 bedroom/1 bathroom apartment (which we rented out after an extensive high end renovation) above the garage.
I document our home improvement journey here on the blog while trying to give the best advice I can on DIY home improvement. Advice like how to save money on a kitchen remodel or tutorials on how to install a vinyl plank floor or even a simple doorknob! But I’m not a professional and this blog is not meant to be taken as professional advice. I’m a novice and not afraid to admit it!
My favorite projects so far have been:
- The DIY white concrete counter we made (and stained concrete vessel sink bathroom vanity!)
- Gel staining our first flip’s kitchen cabinets
- Turning ugly paneling into what looks like smooth drywall (with just spackle and paint)
Keep Up Live!
Follow along on Instagram for behind the scenes stories and regular updates about the progress of the house. And check out Facebook for a larger collection of photos from our flips and current projects (because I don’t want to bog down my server!)
You can also follow each step of our current home improvement journey by reading the micro-blogs! Instead of a million separate posts, I add short posts to one page dedicated to each area of the home. Keep in mind that Mr. Stone Head and I also have a full time job of running and expanding his home remodeling business so the progress on our fixer upper is INCREDIBLY, painstakingly slow (which means you have plenty of time to catch up!)
My other passion in life….
I’m not only all home DIY home improvement. I’m also all about natural living. What I mean by this is I like to live a chemical and toxin free life as much as possible and eat a mostly plant based diet (it’s how I’ve been able to maintain my 74 pound weight loss).
I’m not a “health nut” or extremist when it comes to these things, but over time I’ve slowly switched out my chemical laden products for mostly DIY natural things.
For example, I no longer use regular shampoo or toothpaste – I make my own! Even my pets use DIY pet shampoo, sprays and anti-itch rubs.
Here are a few of my favorite natural DIY products I’ve made to replace unhealthy store bought ones!
Top Posts & Pages
- General Finishes Gel Stain
- Master Suite Renovation Updates
- What Concrete to Use for Concrete Countertops
- Things You Need For Gel Staining Cabinets
- Gel Stain Topcoat | What Finish To Choose
- How To Make Paneling Look Like Drywall - 5 Easy Steps
- Flipping Houses :: Before and After Pictures
- Concrete Countertops | Mistakes to Avoid
- House Hunting for A Flip
- Remodel Home Page